Can I help you find something??

18 February 2013

Easy Peasy Banana Pudding



And it's pudding in the sense of "Pudding", not just a dessert, which it will always baffle me why Brits lump all desserts and call them all Pudding...Anyway....

I am feeling quite certain that the only reason Pete buys banana's is in the hopes that they don't get used up when they are ripe, so that I find a use for them in baking in their over-ripe form. I for one am not about to eat a raw banana (its a texture thing) so if Pete doesn't manage to eat the entire bunch, we almost always have brown banana's waiting to be baked with!


I found this recipe in my Donna Hay "No Time to Cook" recipe book and loved the simplicity of the recipe, so one night after a particularly light dinner, I decided to throw these together. It worked well with timing, I made them while Pete bathed Maddie, and then they baked while I fed her. And then we enjoyed a hot dessert together when I had put her to bed. Heaven.


I changed the recipe mildly, as we didn't have any maple syrup on hand, but the honey tasted so delicious I would never make it any other way now.

Ingredients


1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
1/4 cup superfine sugar
1-1/4 cups mashed bananas (2 large bananas)
6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted, cooled
2 large eggs
1 cup self-raising flour
Butter for greasing



Method



1. In medium bowl, whisk together half of the honey or maple syrup, together with sugar, bananas and butter. Whisk in eggs, then flour, until blended.



2. Spoon batter into 4 buttered 1-cup ramekins. Bake in preheated 350F/180C oven 25 minutes or until tester comes out clean.


3. When cooked, I took a cut out of the top and put the cream in. I used marscapone cream cheese mixed with a little extra honey, but you could use ice cream, plain whipped cream, or anything else you desire!!!

Eat while still hot and ever so slightly gooey! Heavenly.

1 comment:

  1. yum! So trying this! I am the one that always buys bananas in hopes that 2 or 3 will turn brown so i can make banana bread but it never happens because my husband will eat them all or Oliver, my son will.

    I heard you can put a banana in the freezer...so i might just do that so I can have a brown one on hand!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I SO love hearing from you! xx Meg