Can I help you find something??

09 August 2013

Rare Roast Lamb Crostini with Pesto

We hosted a picnic a few weeks ago in London at our favourite little spot near us, Fenton House. It is a beautiful National Trust House, with a lovely walled garden and apple orchard down the back. We have been coming here for the past two years, and now that we have a walking toddler, it's perfect because she can't get into too much trouble, what with being walled in and all!!


Curtis Stone is one of my favourite Australian chefs but living in the UK often makes his recipes seem out of reach (Morton Bay Bugs for example, are hard to come by in London, being that they are from Morton Bay, Qld). But this recipe was one I have been meaning to try for a while, and I knew that this picnic would be the perfect opportunity because I could largely prepare it ahead of time, and it wouldn't need to be reheated.


The full recipe is here, however I used a mini leg of lamb instead of Beef fillets. 

We oven baked the mini leg of lamb for half an hour on a high temperature, let it rest and cool, and then sliced it into thin strips. 


I also kept it simple and paired it with sliced gherkins, arugula and horseradish. 



I then made a few salads as well....

....A mango, chicken and grape salad.


Watermelon, fetta and mint salad.


And a beetroot coleslaw salad, and a prawn and radish salad.


And for dessert, well, you'll have to wait for that one, it deserves a post of its own! It was amazing (if I do say so myself!!!!!)

post signature

4 comments:

  1. Oooooh Meg, this looks amazing!

    Everything you make looks amazing.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! You're too kind!!! This one was really tasty, even if I couldn't eat the bread on the bottom!! xx

      Delete
  2. Oh my god Meg, this looks AMAAAAZING!! Seriously, you have a proper talent here- can you feed me please?! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it will taste so good shipped from New York!! You could try this for lunch tomorrow... although, given that its 3am in the UK now, probably a little late to be up roasting a leg of lamb....hmmm... maybe next weekend!! xx

      Delete

Thanks for your comments, I SO love hearing from you! xx Meg