Can I help you find something??

24 December 2013

Fast Diet - Week 10 - #LoseDayTuesday

Starting week 10 of the 5:2 Fast Diet!! To find out more about it, read my original post here.

Christmas Eve is not usually a day associated with depriving oneself from deliciousness, well not for me anyway, until now! I did my usual fast day yesterday, and actually really really needed it. My Brother and his family arrived on Saturday and we've kind of not stopped eating since they arrived, so when Monday rolled around I really felt like I was giving my body an early Christmas present, a break!!

I also took myself off to Reformer Pilates yesterday too, which made me feel infinitely better about everything! I woke up feeling a little nauseous (no, I'm not pregnant, quite the opposite if you know what I mean) and had a stonking big headache, and going out in the blustery weather to exercise was the absolute last thing I wanted to do. But, it made me feel great. I felt stronger, my headache was gone, and I felt so much better about myself! It also got rid of my morning hunger pangs, so I made it through till 3pm before eating.

My Husband joined my fast yesterday too, which was so much fun! And I don't just mean the fun I had watching him physically suffer through his sugar withdrawal at 4pm, but it was fun having someone to do it with, kind of like having a running buddy. I'm not sure I can convince him to do many more, but it was lovely support this week!

I really feel like I'm going to struggle through this festive period, I just can't seem to schedule another Fast Day into the next week! I've had a good read of the 5:2 Forum's tips though, and quite like the idea of the 16:8 Fast, in which you choose any 16 hour window to fast, which can include your sleeping hours, so it can either mean skipping dinner or breakfast, that I can do! So I might try one or two of these out if I am struggling with a full fast over the next week. I am not going to give myself a hard time though, this is the "most wonderful time of the year" ding dong ding dong, and I am going to enjoy every minute of it!

Snack - Air popped popcorn

meg-made: FastDiet recipe popcorn

We found this fun cob of corn at Whole Foods and just had to try it out! It was actually really cool! It just popped away for a minute and a half in its little bag thingy and it was done! As much as we wanted to coat it in butter and salt, we resisted and sprinkled a little cinnamon on top instead! I'm not going to say it was the best popcorn ever (that title belongs to my salted-caramel popcorn), but it tasted good and filled the void for a low calorie allowance!

meg-made: FastDiet recipe

meg-made: FastDiet recipe

meg-made: FastDiet recipe

Lunch - Spanish Tort

2 eggs, 2 pieces of ham, red onion, red and yellow pepper and parsley. Mix and cook in a non-stick pan. Couldn't be more simple!! The ham makes it filling and the red onion gives it some sweetness!! 

meg-made: FastDiet recipe

Dinner - Turkey & quinoa stuffed Peppers

Being Christmas Eve-Eve I had to have a little festive spin on my meals yesterday, so had some turkey mince to include in the day somehow (also knowing turkey is the lowest-cal meat and  thinking Husband needed some meat as was growling like wild safari animal on the hunt).

meg-made: FastDiet recipe Turkey & Quinoa stuffed peppers

So this was very random, but I mixed up some turkey mince, cooked quinoa, chopped courgette, chopped onion and passata (pureed tomatoes) and let it simmer away for half an hour. Cut the top off a large Pepper and fill with the turkey mixture and top with a teaspoon of parmesan. Bake for 15 minutes in a moderate oven (180C/250F) until the cheese is melted and the peppers are slightly soft. I can't be more specific with measurements, I was very hap-hazhardly throwing things in, so the calorie count may be a bit off too, but I did my best to estimate!!!

meg-made: FastDiet recipe Turkey & Quinoa stuffed peppers

Drinks

Water water water, lots of water. Was peeing for all of England yesterday (overshare?). 

Total calories for the day = 505

Exercise

A little less activity this past week as I spent time sewing/baking/glittering/list-making instead! But I still did my Reformer Pilates, one dedicated hills-walk, one resistance session at home and then just incidental walking. 

Weight loss?

Total loss to date = 3.0kg (6.61lbs). 

Yes, this is up 100g this week, but I'm not going to be down on myself about it. As the 5:2 Forum's guide says, even if you can't fast for two weeks over christmas, its only 4 days, its not the end of the world!!

Goals for the coming week

Enjoy spending Christmas in London with my supportive (and ravenous) Husband, beautiful little daughter, Brother, Sister-in-law, Niece and two nephews, as well as spending time with some of our nearest and dearest friends. Its going to be a wonderful week. 

But I do have goals still to not go crazy this week!!
  • Drink plenty of water to balance out the many, many bubbles
  • Try and do a 16:8 Fast over the next week
  • Stay low on carbohydrates (other than goose-fat potatoes, they don't count!)
  • Go for a big walk one of the days (excluding the vast amount of walking Kara and I will be doing on Boxing day, sans-children, shopping up a storm!). 

Wishing you all such a lovely Christmas tomorrow and I hope you are having a wonderful festive period. If you are fasting too, don't let it take over from the joy of this time of year! The coming posts will not be healthy, will not be low calorie, but they will be delicious and Christmasy!

post signature

Psst!! If you are looking for a little more meg-made, I'd LOVE for you to follow along!


please-follow-me-on-pinterest please-follow-me-on-facebook please-follow-me-on-instagram


1 comment:

  1. The food you eat on your fast days looks sooooo delicious!

    That's so awesome that your husband joined your fast on Christmas Eve.

    I hope you had a lovely Christmas Meg! Wishing you all the best in 2014!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I SO love hearing from you! xx Meg