Can I help you find something??

24 January 2014

Gold glitter elbow pads DIY

I get told far too often that I shouldn't wear my heart on my sleeve, but in this case, I disagree!

meg-made: Gold glitter heart elbow pads
meg-made: Gold glitter heart elbow pads

meg-made: Gold glitter heart elbow pads
meg-made: Gold glitter heart elbow pads
Are these Valentine's Day Elbow Pads? Well they might be for you, but they were just Sunday Elbow Pads for me!

My husband and I don't celebrate Valentines Day, it's just not our thing (plus, it falls between my birthday and our anniversary, so we have lots to celebrate already). But, I realised when I made these Gold Glitter Elbow pads a few weeks ago, that potentially I was being subconsciously affected by Valentines Day without even knowing it (darn it Pinterest). 

I love gold, I love glitter, I love hearts! I just love these elbow pads so much!!!! They were so easy and quick to make, and totally transformed my otherwise boring blue jumper!

Instructions

meg-made: Gold glitter heart elbow pads DIY
meg-made: Gold glitter heart elbow pads
1. Gather materials - you will need a some glitter fabric, tracing paper, pencil, needle & thread and a cardigan/jumper (sweater)

2. Trace out two hearts on the tracing paper (I trace over a picture on my iPad) and then trace onto the  fabric glitter

3. Cut the two hearts out and place each heart on each sleeve and try it on to make sure they are placed properly. 

4. Hand sew the heart onto the sleeve with the same colour cotton as the jumper(sweater)

5. Admire! (Ha, and realise there is NO flattering way to pose for a shot of your elbows!!!!)

meg-made: Gold glitter heart elbow pads
meg-made: Gold glitter heart elbow pads
I may not set aside February 14th as a particular day to celebrates my Loves, but I am the luckiest Wife, Mother, Aunty, Sister, GodMother, Aunty-in-waiting, Daughter and Friend, and I'm not afraid to show it!

meg-made: Gold glitter heart elbow pads
meg-made: Gold glitter heart elbow pads
post signature

Psst!! If you are looking for a little more meg-made, I'd LOVE for you to follow along!


please-follow-me-on-pinterest please-follow-me-on-facebook please-follow-me-on-instagram

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. The elbow pads or the baby?!?! Haha who I am kidding, they both are!! :) xx

      Delete
  2. LOVE this little DIY! I'm going to have to have put glitter on everything now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I SO love hearing from you! xx Meg