Can I help you find something??

20 January 2014

Homemade Pink lemonade recipe (even if life hasn't given you lemons)

I've always enjoyed homemade lemonade whenever I've had any, but never thought to make it myself until Saraidy made some for Madeleine's Baptism in September. It was so simple to make and so delicious! I've wanted to make some more ever since, but then the winter rolled in and it just didn't seem to be befitting of the cold weather. 

So then I though, heck, maybe the dreary weather can be my lemons, and dammit, I'm going to make lemonade!

But in addition to being home-made it's of course meg-made, so what am I going to do to it...there are two obvious choices here... make it sparkle or make it pink! I went with pink!

meg-made: Homemade Pink Lemonade recipe

Uber girly I know, but having a little daughter allows me to fully embrace the pink (until she tells me otherwise!) so I just go with it these days, and make no apologies for doing so! 

meg-made: Homemade Pink Lemonade recipe

There are so many different ways to make Lemonade Pink, including using beetroots, raspberries, grapefruit, blood orange or cranberry juice. I wanted to make the more traditional Pink Lemonade with cranberry juice and as I couldn't find one that I liked the sound of fully (some too lemony, some too sugary), I combined a few different recipes to come up one that sounded juuuuuust right.

meg-made: Homemade Pink Lemonade recipe

Recipe
Juice of 8 lemons
4 piece of lemon peel sections
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup cranberry juice
6 cups water
Ice

Method:

1. In a small saucepan combine sugar, lemon peel sections and 1/2 cup water and bring to the boil slowly. Simmer until the sugar has fully dissolved and turn off the heat.

2. In a large jug combine the rest of the water (easier if its cold already), the freshly squeezed lemon juice (strained to remove pips and pulp) and cranberry juice.

3. Remove lemon peel from the sugar syrup and add to lemonade.

4. Serve chilled and enjoy!

meg-made: Homemade Pink Lemonade recipe

post signature

Psst!! If you are looking for a little more meg-made, I'd LOVE for you to follow along!


please-follow-me-on-pinterest please-follow-me-on-facebook please-follow-me-on-instagram

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, it's so pretty! Thanks for sharing Meg!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome! It tastes as good as it looks too!! xx

      Delete

Thanks for your comments, I SO love hearing from you! xx Meg