Can I help you find something??

18 March 2014

The Fast Diet Recipe Files: Mixed Berry Milk Pops

Well hello there! It's #TrimTuesday again so I thought I'd check in, share a delicious Fast Diet recipe and let you know how the past fortnight has been on the Fast Diet. 

I am still Fasting twice a week, and exercising little and often and am finally starting to feel like I am winning the war on my flab!! I don't feel like I look all that different, but I feel different in my own skin. I definitely still have a way to go, but I at least feel like I'm starting to get somewhere with it all again, so I feel more motivated to continue on. 

Its a constant battle for me not to be hard on myself, I am truly my own worst enemy, and I think part of it is self-preservation, in that if I think/say it about myself, then nobody else can possibly think worse. Its a terrible quality that my Husband, bless him, has been trying to change in me ever since he met me. But there is something to be said for changing yourself from the inside out, as I find that as I am feeling more healthy and strong, I am thinking with a stronger mind too. My motivation is my little girl, she's picking up on so much right now, and I don't want her to even be aware of negative thoughts and body image, I want to try and shield her from all of that as long as I can, and I know it starts with me. This is part of the reason I have dropped these posts back to fortnightly, because I was feeling that if I didn't have a good week on the scales, I would be so hard on myself, and that is so counterproductive to what I am doing, that I had to make a change. 

So, I have taken some pressure off myself and as a consequence, feel so much better in myself. 

I am off to Jersey tomorrow and so my second Fast Day is likely to be a bit of a challenge, but you know what, I get to play with my niece and nephews for a few days, and that makes me happier than any possible shift on the scales. Some weeks things like this will happen, I'm okay with that!

I saw this published on the Fast Diet's Facebook page of a BBC Good Food recipe for homemade milk pops as part of a Fast Day recipe plan. Umm... more information please! 

I made some almost immediately (after hunting down the low fat condensed milk of course). I quite often have 100 or so spare calories at the end of the day and spend them on a small bowl of porridge, as a bit of a treat after dinner. Well hold the phone, not anymore! 


I made a variation of the recipe and used both blackberries and raspberries instead of strawberries, and the flavour was sensational. I do of course have a bit of a battle ahead of me at the Pearly Gates when I am challenged over my "giving up ice-cream for Lent" and yet eating "milk pops", but I can argue my way out of (in to?) that one, it's a technicality! 

Anyway, enough nattering on, here's the very simple recipe...

Ingredients (makes 12, 107 calories per serve)

400g strawberries, or any berries
400g light condensed milk
200g light milk


Method:

1. Puree the berries until smooth.

2. Add the two milks and combine well.

3. Fill ice block moulds and allow to freeze over 4-6 hours

Frozen condensed milk ON a Fast Day, amazing.


Oh and I am guest posting today over on Adventures of a London Kiwi, with a book review of It's All Good (by Gwyneth Paltrow). You'll love Emma, come say hi!

post signature

Psst!! If you are looking for a little more meg-made, I'd LOVE for you to follow along!


please-follow-me-on-pinterest please-follow-me-on-facebook please-follow-me-on-bloglovin please-follow-me-on-instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, I SO love hearing from you! xx Meg