Can I help you find something??

29 April 2014

Homemade Chickpea Falafel Wraps (GF)

I made my first chickpea falafel years ago when we were living in Melbourne and they've been on regular rotation ever since.

My funniest memory of them though was two years ago just after my daughter was born. I had a doula for the few weeks who was very healthy, a little alternative and VERY surprised that "I" had made falafel (not even "she" made them herself!).

I was as much insulted as I was pleased for surprising her!

I make these falafels so often because they are easy, healthy, full of protein and cheap. Returning home from our long weekend away a few kilo's heavier than I left was the perfect time to falafel-it-up!! 

So here's what you need:


Using a hand blender or food processor, pulse your pulses (haha) until they are smooth and pliable. Mix in all the other ingredients and form into balls the size of a golf ball.

Refrigerate for about half an hour. This helps keep their shape when you are cooking them.


I then cook my falafel in a pan with a little sunflower oil, turning regularly until browned on all sides. 

To construct my wrap I use a GF seeded flat bread, some chilli hummus or chilli mayonnaise (mix a good quality chilli jam with either hummus of mayo); onion, tomato, lettuce, alfalfa and a little salt. 



They are so yummy, so filling and so good for you too. I haven't done a calorie count on them so I wouldn't include them in a Fast Day, but for a great midweek lunch or dinner these will make you feel a little better about the 3 servings of ice cream you had the day before. Oops.

So have I surprised you that even "I" make my own falafel? Do "you" make your own falafel?? (You should, they're awesome!!). 

post signature

Psst!! If you are looking for a little more meg-made, I'd LOVE for you to follow along!


please-follow-me-on-pinterest please-follow-me-on-facebook please-follow-me-on-bloglovin please-follow-me-on-instagram

2 comments:

  1. hi. looks so yummy! i wanted to post your blog entry to pinterest but i can't find this entry?? how do i do it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea! I'm not sure I understand... Can you not hover over the picture and then Pin It? Or if you go directly to Pinterest and upload a pin from this link does it work? http://meg-made.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/homemade-chickpea-falafel-wraps-gf.html

      Let me know! xx

      Delete

Thanks for your comments, I SO love hearing from you! xx Meg