Can I help you find something??

11 April 2014

meg-made it to Bake-a-Boo (review)


Bake-A-Boo. The name just works doesn't it?! 

Combining youthful mystery with the promise of gluten free sweet bakes, Bake-A-Boo is not only cute by name, but it is cute by decor (and delicious in nature)!





Last Saturday morning I woke up with a migraine in the early hours of the morning, which meant I spent the entire weekend with a headache and just felt lousy. And as every good comfort-eater does, I drowned my misery in cake!!!! 

And when I walked into Bake-A-Boo I was instantly uplifted not only by the promise of amazing-smelling baked goods, but by the thoroughly cheerful and sweet decor too!


I have had Bake-A-Boo on my list for a while now and so a leisurely stroll down to West Hampstead was the perfect amount of activity for my post-migraine haze. 






I am pretty much open for trying all and sundry when it comes to gluten-free bakeries, but this one is on the "repeat" list for sure. It was such a girly retreat (made even more so by the bridal shower of millinery going on in the back tea room) and I just loved all the country chic details. 



I tweeted ahead of time to make sure there would be some gluten free delights in store for me, I just knew my fragile self wouldn't handle that level of disappointment well, and I needn't of worried! 

We tried all three of their gluten free cupcakes available on Saturday - lemon, blueberry and raspberry. 



I like that they weren't insanely sweet, which seems to be some bakers answer to the gluten free problem, add more sugar!! They were perfectly cooked and to be honest, I wouldn't have even known they were gluten free (which is a funny compliment but a compliment none the less!) 

We each had a favourite, which kind of worked out for the best, because there was NO sharing of Madeleine's lemon cupcake!!! Where has my savoury-tooth-baby gone!!





I'm sorry, who's lemon cupcake...





"But Mummy has to try it for my review honey..." hehe I'm such a lousy mum making my baby cry like that!! It was really good though, she has good taste!

And just to show what most of Pete's engaged and interested wife looks like while we are having these sorts of outings...such a lousy wife too!!!


But, it would be more lousy of me to not photograph and sample all the amazing gluten free baked goods at Bake-A-Boo because this way I can share the wealth!! 

For a beautiful range of gluten free cakes in a beautiful setting, Bake-A-Boo is the perfect peek-a-boo bakery I've ever seen!! If you're looking for something yummy to do in London this weekend, I highly recommend a cupcake or two at Bake-a-Boo!

post signature

Psst!! If you are looking for a little more meg-made, I'd LOVE for you to follow along!


please-follow-me-on-pinterest please-follow-me-on-facebook please-follow-me-on-bloglovin please-follow-me-on-instagram

14 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I am currently planning a tea party birthday party and I am dying over all the inspiration in your photos! Adorable photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how perfect! Yes it was super sweet and I just loved all the decor too!! Looking forward to seeing your tea party too!!!! Thanks for stopping by xx

      Delete
  2. What a quaint, fun, whimsical and delicious place to visit!

    Thanks for sharing.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always my pleasure to share such sweetness!!!! I think your girls would just go to heaven in a place like this Jennifer!! xx

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you need to plan a return trip...with me. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Done and DONE! Lets pick a date in May now so that we have something locked away!! xx

      Delete
  4. Love this.. Glad you got to enjoy some more gluten free delights! :-) I really enjoyed Bake-a-Boo when I visited, shame it's such a trek for me. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a shame Sarah or we could organise a little rendezvous there soon!!! xx

      Delete
  5. It looks like such a cute place! We need some cute bakeries like that where we live, it would be so cute for girl get togethers :) the cupcakes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda, it was delicious!! Perhaps there's your opening then, maybe with a little wine bar in the back for the parents.....!! xx

      Delete
  6. Yumo! I would LOVE a cupcake like that right now to go with my cup of tea! Meg, your dress/top matched the décor of the place perfectly :)
    - Saraid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe well you know I always ring ahead for a decor/outfit check! Are you out of freezer cookies for your tea??? xx

      Delete
  7. Can I please come along on your next bake a boo road trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Okay, you twisted my arm! We still need to re-do our pancake date, so maybe we skip that and head straight for cakes!!! xx

      Delete

Thanks for your comments, I SO love hearing from you! xx Meg