Can I help you find something??

13 May 2014

Apple + Peanut Butter + Cinnamon + Walnuts + Honey + Coconut


I just couldn't think of a name for this snack

other than "this is definitely not a donut" 

and so alas, here you have it.... 

an apple, 

topped with peanut butter, 

sprinkled with walnuts that have been dusted with cinnamon, 

all drizzled with honey and scattered with coconut (is that enough verbs for you?).  





It is so simple, but so satisfying! The peanut butter makes it filling and all the crunchy toppings gives you the illusion that you're having something naughty, without actually being bad for you!

I like this one because it is still a little "involved", in that when I put Madeleine down for her nap, the first thing I do is head to the kitchen to cook something... so this satisfies my need to be creative in the kitchen, without whipping up a sticky date pudding for one!


I of course would much rather reach for a hot cinnamon donut, but because I don't have the constitution of a teenage boy, that's not an option!! 

Do you know any good snacks that are healthy AND yummy? The homemade Nakd Bars I made a few weeks DEFINITELY fit the bill, but I'm searching for some new ones too!!

post signature

Psst!! If you are looking for a little more meg-made, I'd LOVE for you to follow along!


please-follow-me-on-pinterest please-follow-me-on-facebook please-follow-me-on-bloglovin please-follow-me-on-instagram

3 comments:

  1. What?! This looks so simple, yet so delicious (and super healthy too)!

    Thanks for sharing Meg!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? So simple, but really it tasted like there was a lot of effort involved and was so yummy! We didn't even want ice cream afterwards, and I ALWAYS want ice-cream!!! xx

      Delete
  2. You should make a daily smoothie with frozen fruit, like bananas and peanut butter. Yum!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I SO love hearing from you! xx Meg