Can I help you find something??

02 May 2014

Raspberry & Lime Financiers (GF)


Raspberry and lime financiers gluten free
Ever since becoming gluten intolerant a year ago, Financiers have been my go-to cake. 

Made with almond meal they are dense and sweet, and I make mine with polenta for a little extra crunch! 

12 months ago I posted a recipe for Blueberry & Lavender Financiers, and today I wanted to share a new flavour combination, Raspberry and Lime. 

My friend Meeche is a coeliac and Saraidy makes her the Blueberry Financiers every time she wants to sneak some sweet baby cuddles, and so I thought I'd share a new flavour for you girls to enjoy!!

The ingredients and method are largely the same, but to refresh you...






Ingredients
1 cup almond meal/ground almond
1 2/3 cups icing sugar
1/2 cup polenta
5-6 egg whites
6oz melted butter
Fresh raspberries
2t lime zest


Method

1. Combine all ingredients (except for the berries), and stir with a wooden spoon. 

2. Prepare baking molds by spreading melted butter around the base and edges. 

3. Pour batter into molds and drop a few berries into each one (little helpers love this step!!).

Raspberry and lime financiers gluten free

4. Bake on 450F/230C for 7 minutes until the edges start to brown a little, and then turn the oven down to 400F/205C and bake for another 7 minutes. 

5. When they are golden brown on top, let them cool in their tins for another 7 minutes. 

Raspberry and lime financiers gluten free

I like the tartness the lime and raspberry brings to these otherwise sweet cakes, and like serving it with marscapone to balance the acidity (but Husband swears by the lime marscapone he had with his).

Raspberry and lime financiers gluten free

post signature

Psst!! If you are looking for a little more meg-made, I'd LOVE for you to follow along!


please-follow-me-on-pinterest please-follow-me-on-facebook please-follow-me-on-bloglovin please-follow-me-on-instagram

6 comments:

  1. These sound AMAZING! I must make these this weekend! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Courtney! I hope you like them, let me know what you think!!! xx

      Delete
  2. Love it! that looks delicious :)


    Cathy Vargas

    Vintage Girls
    www.vindiebaby.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious and as soon as I get back to the store to get more almond flour, I'll be making them. Thank you for sharing (and for sharing such mouth-watering pictures) at the #SHINEBlogHop today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment Sarah! I hope you love them when you give them a go! xx

      Delete

Thanks for your comments, I SO love hearing from you! xx Meg