Can I help you find something??

18 August 2014

He got the Train Cake

As we get ready to head to Jersey again, I thought it would be fun to share a few photos from our last visit, celebrating my nephew Morgans' 3rd Birthday. 

If you aren't Australian then you may have absolutely no idea what this post is about, but I'm going to guess that every Aussie knows exactly what fabulous baking went down to make this title possible!!!

The Australian Women's Weekly Children's Birthday Cake Book has to be the most famous cookbook in the land! 
Published in 1980 it was THE go-to book for birthday parties. Flicking through the book I can tell you which of my friends had each and every one of the cakes in the book! My favourite ones for my parties were the teddy bear, the lady beetle and the bunny rabbit. 

I remember photos of my Brother having The Train Cake (capital letters necessary) but was too young to really understand the magnitude of awesomeness that was this cake. 

Until history repeated itself and his son Morgan chose the Train Cake for his 3rd Birthday. I have to include this clip from the Melbourne International Comedy Festival, where Josh Earl perfectly captures the notoriety of The Train Cake. 


So anyway, it seems Morgy has a little of the "can't get passed the very first page" too, but really, its so awesome, why would you want to!!! 

So Kara set to work making Morgy's dreams come true, and prevented an on-stage meltdown in 20 years time. Morgan, you GOT THE TRAIN CAKE! 

Kara and I ended up spending hours (and hours) making the train and it's carriages, but it was so worth it. Morgan was SO pleased with his choice. I remember so clearly a slightly fatigued Kara presenting Morgan his cake for the first time, and seeing the huge smile on his face, all she said was "well that makes it all worth it". So sweet. 

Here are some photos of little Morgans' Birthday party, he's such a sweetie!
post signature

Psst!! If you are looking for a little more meg-made, I'd LOVE for you to follow along!


please-follow-me-on-pinterest please-follow-me-on-facebook please-follow-me-on-bloglovin please-follow-me-on-instagram

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous cake! I cannot even imagine the work that must going into making something magnificent but it looks beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chrissy! We were pretty chuffed with how it turned out in the end (and put all the mens' whinging about how long it was taking to rest). It did take us a fair while though!!!!! xx

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful celebration! I just ADORE that cake!

    Oh my goodness, the photo of Madeleine and (I can only assume) her cousin, in the matching dresses, is GORGEOUS.

    Thanks for sharing. Wishing you a lovely day.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, those are her cousins, and thank you! We didn't know we had bought the girls the same dresses, so were pretty excited to get them together for a photo session!! Thanks so much Jennifer xx

      Delete

Thanks for your comments, I SO love hearing from you! xx Meg