Can I help you find something??

08 August 2014

Quinoa, Pecan & Vanilla Granola (GF)

Happy Friday! 

Thank goodness for the weekend!!! The weeks when Husband travels are always a little rough, but they make us both even happier to see Daddy come through the door at night, and its never over the weekends thank goodness!!!

I thought I would post this granola recipe because its a bit of weekend bake. Its quick, easy, and makes for a delicious brunch.

I always thought granola must have been difficult to make, or why else would all those fancy cafe's be charging a fortune to have it on their menus! But I couldn't have been more wrong.

Making your own granola is SO easy.

This recipe is healthy, gluten-free, filling, and 100% delicious.




I have been cooking non-stop from the Donna Hay Fresh and Light cookbook and this granola uses the base recipe for Quinoa Granola. 

We made the original recipe the first time, and really enjoyed it, but wanted to make it a little chunkier, a little fruitier and a little less quinoa-y. 
I do like the quinoa in the granola and love the additional protein and calcium that it brings to the granola. 

Making the granola with maple syrup and vanilla increase the sweet undertones of the granola without needing to actually include any sugar. 

Donna Hay's Quinoa Granola
1 1/2 cups white quinoa
1 1/2 cups rolled oats (I use GF oats)
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 t cinnamon
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 T vegetable oil
Plus my additions:
100g pecan nuts, sliced
1/2 cup sultanas
1/4 cup coconut flakes
2 T vanilla

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
2. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well to combine.
3. Spread mixture over 2 baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper.
4. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
5. Allow to cool. Serve however you prefer!

Maddie doesn't mind having a little "trail mix" with it as a snack! 
But I love making a little breakfast parfait, with some natural yoghurt and mixed berries. 
I hope you have a really great weekend. It looks to be iffy weather in London this weekend, so we may only get to have one picnic this weekend, shocking! Do you have any fun plans??? Making granola perhaps?

post signature

Psst!! If you are looking for a little more meg-made, I'd LOVE for you to follow along!


please-follow-me-on-pinterest please-follow-me-on-facebook please-follow-me-on-bloglovin please-follow-me-on-instagram

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments, I SO love hearing from you! xx Meg